For the slices:
- 200g plain flour
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g pumpkin purée, canned or fresh. (For how to make fresh pumpkin purée, see my previous recipe for Pumpkin Spice doughnuts.)
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice (see below)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 100g cream cheese
- 70g unsalted butter
- 250g icing sugar
- Splash of milk
Tis the season of pumpkins! From my latte to my decor, I LOVE pumpkins in my life.
I bring you the Pumpkin Spice Slice with cream cheese frosting. Sweet, spiced, comforting. Perfect as the evenings draw in and the leaves start to fall.
For this recipe, you need pumpkin pie spice. This is something I will be using in a few recipes. I know this is readily available in other countries but I had such a hard time finding it in England that I decided to make my own.
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground mixed spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
Mix well. Keep in a jar and use as and when needed.
Pour mixture into a lined 10 x 8 tin and bake at 140C for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
If you want to turn your baking hobby into a career, check out my book Cakes, Bakes & Business for everything you need to know about running a successful baking business, including pricing, marketing, insurance and much more!