This week, I’ve partnered with Happy Eggs to try out their liquid egg whites! It can be such a pain to separate eggs without making a mess. I for one always get shell mixed up in there by accident, and once you have separated them to get your whites, you need to either make something with the yolks or they end up being wasted. Having the convenience of the egg whites already separated and ready to go seemed like a great idea and one I wanted to try out!
You may or may not know but I actually have a raw and semi-raw egg intolerance so sadly I couldn’t test out a delicious omelette or crunchy meringue BUT something I can have, and something I luckily find super tasty are Coconut Macaroons. These beauties use only the egg white and are baked enough for me to enjoy them so I thought what better way to test them out than with a batch of these delicious morsels.
The pack informed me that one tablespoon was the equivalent to one egg white so weighing them out was a breeze! The egg whites themselves have so many health benefits including being fat and cholesterol free, low carb, low calorie and high in protein! I mean, we’re going to be adding sugar and chocolate and some other less than healthy ingredients to these but it’s great to know it’s got a healthy base!
So, let’s get baking!
- 4 egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- 300g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
To decorate (optional) –
- 250g melted milk chocolate
- Whisk the egg whites, caster sugar and vanilla until the mixture has gone white and doubled in size.
- Carefully fold in the desiccated coconut.
- Spoon the mixture into balls (I used an ice cream scoop) and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 170C (fan assisted) for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Once cooled, dip the bottom in melted chocolate and drizzle with more chocolate! (optional).
That’s it! They are so simple to make and with the added benefit and convenience of the pre-separated liquid egg whites from Happy Eggs, you can go from wanting something sweet to eating a delicious coconut macaroon in little under an hour start to finish!
For more information on Happy Eggs and their products check out their website here.
Give them a go and let me know how you get on!
This is a paid partnership with The Happy Egg Co. All views and opinions are my own.
For you chance to win a special baking kit, an egg recipes cookbook and Happy Egg Co liquid egg white products for you to make whatever you like with, head over to my Instagram to like my page and the Happy Egg Co page and answer the competition question! http://instagram.com/brittmariebox
And now for the terms & conditions:
– The competition starts at 6pm on 26th November 2019
– The competition closes at 9pm on 28th November 2019
– The competition is only open to UK mainland entrants.
– The winners can not transfer the prizes and there is no cash alternative.
– The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
– The winners will be chosen at random and the decision is final.
– The winners will be notified within the week after the competition ends.
– The prizes must be claimed within a month after the winners’ announcement. After that time the prizes will be reallocated if unclaimed.
– The prizes will be posted out directly from The Happy Egg Co.