Here is a quick photo tutorial on how to make a Giraffe cake topper!
- You need a ball of yellow modelling paste.
- Break off a third to make the body, roll the top two thirds into a sausage shape and create a base.
- Roll two sausages for the legs and shape them. Do the same for the arms.
- Hold them against the body to check the size but don’t stick them on yet.
- Do the same with the arms.
- Roll a small ball for the head, elongate the front to make the nose. Use a smile tool and cel stick to make the face markings. Make to small triangle shapes for the ears. Use a small piece of brown modelling paste to make the horns.
- Stick a cocktail stick into the body to support the head. Roll out brown modelling paste and cut irregular shapes to make the giraffe markings. Stick these on with a little edible glue.
- Repeat the same markings on the legs and arms, including small brown circles for the bottom of the legs and arms.
- Glue the head on, continuing the markings on the side of the head. Cut two small white circles, two smaller brown circles and very small white balls for the eyes.