Hello muffins, I’ve had a fabulous response to my Belle from Beauty and the Beast inspired cake. Thank you very much. I have had enquiries as to how I made the drapes around the top tier. So, from me to you, here is a picture tutorial to show you how!
- You will need modelling paste, three dowels, a rolling pin and a cornflour dusted surface.
- Roll out a strip of your modelling paste to the thickness of about 3mm.
- Space your dowels evenly on your surface.
- Lay your modelling paste over the top and gently press down onto the dowels, making sure you can clearly see them through the paste.
- Pull your dowels out carefully.
- Pinch together the modelling paste to create pleats.
- Cut off both ends and affix to your cake with edible glue.